Sooke Fishing Charters
Fishing Adventures Right Outside Your Door
SookePoint is located within easy driving distance of fishing charters and the fertile fishing grounds of Canada’s south Pacific Ocean. Operating year round, fishing charters are a great way to enjoy a day – or more – on the water, catching fish, without the hassle of hauling your own boat, figuring out where the fish are and all the other responsibilities that come along with being your own captain. Let these professional guides get everything set for your spectacular day on the ocean; every detail will be taken care of, just bring yourself, your favourite lunch/snacks/beverages, a camera and get ready for a great experience.
Fishing in the Sooke area is abundant with trophy salmon and monster halibut only minutes from the marina that most charters operate from. Drop crab traps on your way out, for an over the top fresh seafood dining experience that evening. Always a bonus is seeing wildlife in action – from the southern resident killer whales, to seals, eagles, harbour porpoises and more – you’ll want to have your camera ready!
More Information to Help You Plan your Fishing Adventure
- A valid fishing license and Salmon Conservation Stamp are required and are available to purchase online from the Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada – Click Here to purchase yours.
Almost everything you’ll need for a day out on the water will be supplied by your fishing charter operator, including gear (although you’re welcome to bring your own)
- Soft soled runners or deck shoes
- Sunscreen / sunglasses / hat
- Layers, including a light rain coat or wind breaker jacket
- Motion sickness remedies, if required