Top 10 Things To Do In Sooke BC
In beautiful Sooke BC and looking for something to do? Well we have 10 fantastic options for you!
- Whiffin Spit is located about 40 minutes from SookePoint Ocean Cottage Resort and offers a beautiful coastal walk along the shoreline. There are endless benches and small trails off the main trail, giving you additional viewpoints and areas to explore the rocky beach. Whiffin Spit is popular with dog walkers and nature enthusiasts as wildlife such as shorebirds and sea lions can often be spotted during your walk.
- Tugwell’s Creek Honey Farm & Meadery was born from a passion for bees. They take a step back in time through their operations, creating honey wines that call back to the time of our European ancestors. Tugwell’s range of options strives to create products in a similar manner, utilizing their in-house bee colony for honey and locally grown ingredients. Visitors can enjoy self-guided or guided tours of the facility, product tastings, and more at this hidden gem.
- Sooke Region Museum & Visitor Centre is a perfect spot to visit if you want to learn about the history of Sooke. They are open daily during the summer from 9am to 5pm. Perfect for families and located only half an hour from our Resort! Make sure to stop in and check out their awesome lighthouse exhibit and educate yourself on Sooke.
- East Sooke Regional Park offers you west coast wilderness at your finger tips. Experience it as you hike along the windswept rocky coast, over dry hilltops, and through dark rainforest to sheltered coves. This park offers 50km of trails through forest, marsh and field, as well as a challenging 10km coast trail. There are pocket beaches, rocky bays, and tide pools perfect for exploring and scuba diving. East Sooke Regional Park offers fun no matter the activity.
- Marshall-Inman Gallery is located on a llama farm overlooking the Juan de Fuca Strait. This cute gallery features a wood and pottery gallery as well as workshops! They are open 10am-5pm daily and are located only 45 minutes from our Resort. This is a must-see for all pottery lovers!
- Sandcut Beach is located in the Jordan River Regional Park. A short walk through cedar forest and costal hemlock and down a set of stairs delivers you to Sandcut beach. This beach features a long cobble shore along the Juan de Fuca Strait and is a longtime favourite of the locals.
- Sheringham Distillery is nestled in the heart of Shirley, BC, only half an hour from our Resort, overlooking the Strait of Juan de Fuca. They use time-honoured distilling methods and BC grown grains to attain their sustainable and traditional approach to the formulation of their products. They are open seven days a week for tours and complimentary tastings. You don’t want to miss out on this experience!
- Adventures by H.I.P. offers a number of options for families and groups looking to test the waters. H.I.P. offers a selection of tours perfect for people of all ages and groups of all sizes. Their routes are geared toward ocean wildlife exploration and sightings of humpback whales, orcas, dolphins, sea otters, sea lions, seals, and more. They are the perfect company to get you that gorgeous shot of Sooke wildlife and landscape!
- Sooke Potholes Provincial Park is a popular destination along the Sooke River with a unique rock formation that was formed from the last ice-age millions of years ago. The park area has several trails along the river, close to the shoreline and others that are high above the rock pools. The park is dog friendly and located only 35 minutes from our Resort!
- Sooke Oceanside Brewery was born out of a desire to bring the love of craft beer to our west coast community of Sooke, B.C. The brewery was founded in 2015 by owner Ryan Orr and has since been a long standing, award winning labour of love. Their tap room is open seven days a week for Growler fills, grabbing a bottle to go, or enjoy a flight at the bar. Make sure to check them out!
No matter the activity, you are sure to have fun in Sooke, BC! Reserve your stay now, your adventure awaits.