How to Spend 48 Hours in Sooke
Located on the most southwest tip of British Columbia’s Vancouver Island, Sooke offers a true escape into nature. If you’re looking for ways to enjoy the west coast wilderness, we’ve curated an itinerary on how you can spend 48-hours exploring and savouring adventure in Sooke.
- Depart for Sooke from Victoria (40 km / 50-minute drive). Recommended stops along the way include: Hatley Castle and Fort Rodd Hill & Fisgard Lighthouse.
- Make a quick stop in Langford to pick up your groceries and supplies for your trip. SookePoint is approximately 30-minutes from shops, groceries and restaurants – we recommend bringing supplies so you can cook breakfast and any other meals you’d like to eat without having to travel.
- Arrive for check-in at SookePoint Ocean Cottage Resort (4:00pm PST) and get settled into your luxury accommodations.
- Relax in your suite this evening by cooking a favourite meal (or be adventurous and make something new!) with a glass of wine and enjoy the sunset or watch the storms rolling in onto the rugged rocky shoreline.
- After breakfast, a variety of excursions await. What would you like to do?
- Go hiking through East Sooke Park with a knowledgeable guide from Rainforest Tours or a self-guided hike on one of the easier trails
- Schedule a fishing charter with a local fishing expert
- Visit the Sooke Region Museum to learn about the history of the area
- If you aren’t looking for something too strenuous, you can head over to Whiffen Spit for a leisurely walk along the ocean
- Enjoy lunch at the 17 Mile House Pub, a cozy English-style pub with rustic charm and a history dating back more than 100 years or for a lighter treat, visit Little Vienna Bakery in the centre of Sooke for some delectable goodies.
- After lunch, take in the sights, smells and sounds of the Sooke Basin with an ocean wildlife tour through Adventures by HIP or go kayaking or stand-up paddle boarding with West Coast Outdoor Adventure.
- Refresh yourself with a stop at Sheringham Distillery with a free tour and tasting of the World’s Best Contemporary Gin. Be sure to try their newest Kazuki gin infused with green tea and cherry blossoms
- Stop for dinner at one of Sooke’s finest restaurants, some of our favourites include:
- Make your way back to SookePoint, just in time to watch the sunset again (depending on what time you finish your day of course!)
- Enjoy a relaxing morning with your favourite breakfast foods, enjoying your final hours with the stunning panoramic ocean views (if you are lucky, maybe you’ll see one of the resident orca’s swim by!)
- Check-out of your suite for 11:00am PST
- Go for one last excursion in the Sooke area, maybe it’s something we mentioned in yesterday’s plan or visit our activities page for more information.
- Depart for Victoria and on your way home (or to your next adventure!). We hope you enjoyed your time in Sooke and we look forward to seeing you again.
After three full days of action and adventure, we made our way back to the Swartz Bay ferry terminal with full hearts and fond memories of our weekend in one of Vancouver Island’s best recreational playgrounds. Feeling inspired? Come make SookePoint Ocean Cottage Resort your home base for the long days of adventure ahead. Book your stay today!