Frequently Asked Questions
Find Out More About the Resort
It’s nice to know what to expect when you go on vacation, right? So if you’re considering staying with us, but still have some questions, check the list below for answers to questions we regularly hear from guests.
Don't see your question?
When can I Check In? Check Out?
Check In: 4:00 p.m. Our Resort office is located in unit 48B and is open 9am to 5pm. If you’re going to check-in after hours, please call the resort in advance for late check-in procedures.
Check-Out: 11:00 a.m. If you require a late check-out, please contact us at 1-250-642-2635 and we will do our best to accommodate you.
How do you Guarantee my reservation?
Guests must be 19 years of age and have a valid credit card to make a reservation. In order to guarantee your reservation, a deposit will be required at time of booking. Please see the deposit schedule below.
- 1-26 night stays – A deposit equal to first night room and tax will be taken at time of reservation.
- 27+ night stays – A deposit of 50% of the booking total will be taken at time of reservation.
- 120+ night stays – First month and last month deposit will be taken at time of reservation.
- Non-refundable offers and Advanced Purchase Rate – The full amount of room and tax will be taken at time of reservation.
What is your Cancellation Policy?
To receive a full refund of deposit, reservations must be cancelled prior to the time frames listed below.
- 1-6 night stays – Cancellations or modification requests received more than 72-hours in advance of the arrival day can be made without penalty. Cancellation or change requests received within 72-hours of arrival day will result in a non-refundable deposit.
- 7-26 night stays – Cancellations or modification requests received more than 7-days in advance of the arrival day can be made without penalty. Cancellation or change requests received within 7-days of arrival day will result in a non-refundable deposit.
- 27+ night stays – Cancellations or modification request received more than 30-days in advance of the arrival day can be made without penalty, less then 30-days will result in charges in the amount of 50% of the reservation total.
- Non-refundable offers and the Advanced Purchase Rate – The full reservation amount is charged at the time of booking and no refunds will be provided if reservation is cancelled.
- Third party reservations – For reservations not booked directly with the resort, please refer to your original reservation booking provider for cancelation and deposit policy for your reservation.
Do all Cottage Suites have Ocean Views?
Yes! Each building at SookePoint Ocean Cottage Resort is built cliffside, situated overlooking the ocean. With only 2 to 3 Cottage Suites per building at different angles and elevations, this offers unobstructed views no matter if you are on the bottom or the top floor. Enjoy the exhilarating wave action on the rugged wild coastline with views overlooking Emerald Bay and beyond towards the Juan De Fuca Strait.
Do you have Pet-Friendly Cottage Suites?
Our Resort offers a couple Cottage Suites that are designated as pet friendly. Please check out our Pet Friendly Accommodations page for more information.
Can I choose which Cottage Suite I stay in?
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee Cottage room numbers or location until day of arrival.
Where can I Park?
Each Cottage has dedicated parking for one vehicle. Guests must display parking pass enclosed in their check-in package. For overflow parking options, please contact Guest Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I need a Car?
We do not recommend travel without a vehicle. SookePoint is in a remote location, set away from any public transportation and is at the end of a very quiet road.
Should I bring Groceries?
Yes! If you are planning to visit us at SookePoint, it is definitely recommended to pick up your groceries and supplies beforehand. There is a very small convenience store along the way, about 15 minutes from the Resort, and a larger grocery store about 30 minutes away in the middle of the Village of Sooke.
Can I Smoke?
SookePoint Ocean Cottage Resort is a non-smoking resort and smoking is allowed only in designated areas. A $250.00 charge will be incurred if you are discovered smoking in one of the Cottage Suites.
What about Housekeeping?
Your Cottage Suite is only cleaned upon departure. Daily housekeeping is available for an additional fee. Please ask our reservation agents for more information.
What about Internet Access?
Yes! All of our Cottage Suites have their own wireless internet access.
Will I have a cell phone signal?
Due to our remote location, some cell phone signals can be very weak or non-existent. Our close proximity to the US border means that guests often find service will be switched to a US provider while staying with us as this is the closest cell phone tower. We recommend turning off your data roaming, if you do not want to be charged US data fees, and instead using the complimentary WiFi provided in your cottage suite.
Will my Cottage Suite have a Balcony?
Most of our Cottage Suites at SookePoint offer a small balcony that you can step out onto. No outdoor seating is provided.
Is there a Restaurant at the Resort?
There’s no restaurant directly on-site. The closest restaurant is approximately 30 minutes drive from the Resort.
What do I do if there is a power outage?
From time-to-time our Resort experiences power outages due to storms or planned BC Hydro work. The cottages are equipped with a backup generator system that is turned on by an onsite crew member, and then needs to be switched on manually in each cottage. We will give you instructions on how to do this in your check-in package. Please note that not all outlets and appliances will operate as the backup power is minimal. Power will be active to a couple kitchen counter outlets, the fridge, the microwave, fireplace, and pot lights in the hall and living room.