SookePoint Ocean Cottage Resort
HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
True Key Hotels & Resorts is committed to the safety and well-being of our guests and employees, we meet or exceed all Work Safe BC and Centre for Disease Control protocols. We want to ensure that everyone feels safe when visiting SookePoint Ocean Cottage Resort and other True Key properties, so you can feel confident that you’ve made the right choice for your vacation destination.
We are encouraging guests to book direct in order to ensure that you are kept up to date on our current operating procedures.
OUR STEPS TO ENSURING YOUR SAFETY
We are frequently cleaning high-touch areas throughout our Resort including our front desk, door knobs, key pads, etc.
We complete a full deep-cleaning of each room after each guest has departed using commercial grade Health Canada approved cleaning products
Our team has been provided hand sanitizer and additional cleaning supplies, masks and gloves for the safety of each other and guests
We have adopted no-contact check-in & check-out procedures as well as asking guests to be mindful of others by maintaining a distance of at least 2 metres (6 feet)
True Key Hotels & Resorts meets or exceeds all housekeeping protocols provided by the BC Center for Disease Control, WCB and the Provincial Health Authority.
The following are some of the key protocols we are asking of our team and our guests to ensure a clean and safe environment:
- Regularly sanitizing of the front desk, public areas, coffee machines, door knobs, furniture and other high-touch points
- Disinfecting all keys and door keypads after each use
- A full deep-cleaning of each suite and it’s contents after each guest has departed using commercial grade Health Canada approved cleaning products
- Professionally laundered and sterilized sheets, towels, etc.
- Providing team with additional cleaning supplies and personal protective equipment
- Hand sanitizer, tissues and wastebaskets available for all resort & hotel guests
- As of August 25th, 2021, masks will be mandatory in public indoor spaces everywhere in British Columbia for everyone aged 12 and over, regardless of vaccine status.
- Be mindful of others by maintaining a distance of at least 2 metres (6 feet)
- Follow contactless check-in and check-out procedures
- If you become ill and have recently visited us please contact us as soon as practical so appropriate measures can be taken to protect others
- If you do not feel well and are experiencing symptoms of illness (fever, trouble breathing, coughing, sore throat, fatigue) please postpone your visit until you are well
Provincial Health Orders: The Government of BC has implemented new health orders. To prepare for your upcoming vacation, please review the health orders by clicking here.
PROOF OF VACCINATION UPDATE
Starting September 13th, British Columbia will require proof of vaccination for people ages 12 and older to access some events, services and businesses. SookePoint Ocean Cottage Resort falls under the accommodations and hotels category and thus, we do not require guests to show their vaccination statuses upon check in.
We encourage all visitors to know before you go and familiarize yourself with the health and safety protocols and requirements before you visit. To help you have the best experience while staying with us, we have put together the following FAQ’s regarding the BC Vaccine Card program and other protocols
Do I need a vaccination card to check into the Resort?
No, you do not need a vaccination card to check in.
Do I have to wear a mask at the Resort?
In BC, masks are required in all indoor public settings for people 12 and older. At our Resort, this means our Welcome Centre, fitness room and meeting room. Click here for a full list of services that require mask wearing.
Are There Many Areas of The Property Where I Will Need Proof of Vaccination?
Thank you for asking! If you are attending a group function such as a wedding reception, organized party, conference or workshop with more than 50 people, we would be required to see proof of vaccination.
What Else Are You Doing To Keep Guests Safe?
We have several other measures in place, including dividers in our indoor public spaces and our trained housekeeping staff uses state-of-the-art cleaning technologies to ensure we are operating within communicable disease regulations.
I'm From Out of Town. What do I need to Check Into the Resort?
You do not need a vaccination card to check in, however you will need proof of vaccination to enter certain services, businesses and events while staying in our community. Please click here for a full list of places that require proof of vaccination.
GROUP BOOKING & EVENTS
Click the links below to learn more about the current Provincial Health Order.