The Perfect Sooke Fishing Experience
Key Tips for Your Fishing Adventure
Make sure you are ready for a saltwater fishing excursion with these helpful tips:
- Year round bring warm, layered clothing, no matter what the weather report says.
- Salt water fishing licences are required for every guest that will be touching the fishing gear. Follow the following link to acquire a licence: https://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/nrls-sndpp/index-eng.cfm
- Having a camera is always a good idea.
- Both a hat and sunglasses are strongly recommended,no matter what the weather.
- Please arrange a boxed lunch or snacks before you head out on your adventure.
- Start early! Fishing may be part luck and part skill but the earlier you get out in the day, the better chance you have.
- Let your guide know how many people and children you are bringing so that the appropriate size and amount of life jackets are supplied.
- Determine the type of fish you would like to catch so that your guide is prepared.
- Please let your guides know if you are prone to seasickness.
- If you would like to contact your guide personally before departure, simply request their contact information from our front desk staff.